Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gift for a giant

Today I'm going to share a summer sewing project, a "sewing for guys" project, and a gift idea. Three in one.

Some weeks ago our friend turned 30 and received a barbecue grill from his girlfriend. He said kind of jokingly that he still needed an apron for the next BBQ. So I took his measurements as I was not able to just copy my apron - Did I mention he is 2,06 metres tall?!

His birthday party was yesterday evening so guess what we gave him as his gift...

Yep. A special BBQ Starter Kit


... including giant BBQ gloves...


... and the giant apron! 


You can't see the proportions in this photo but when I wear it, the hem is halfway down my calves...

As he is a fan of soccer, I was quite happy to find the footie-fabric in my local fabric store :o)

If I can convince him, I'll get you a photo of the "giant-with-apron-in-action" next time we're over for a BBQ Evening.

Happy Sewing!
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Fab pressie - I bet he was really pleased with it, especially having something that actually fits his size.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...