Last year, on May 18th, I started blogging. Even if it soaks up much of my sewing time, I have never regretted that decision.
This last year brought some great changes.
- I visited the Fat Quarterly Sewing Retreat in London.
- Brigitte and I founded Modern Quilt Guild Bielefeld.
- Our MQG is slowly growing and our meetings (twice per month) are very inspiring.
- I entered an Online Bee (Sew-Euro—bee-an) and the list of blogs that I follow gets longer and longer.
- some stats: I wrote 82 blog posts with 20463 views and 55 followers/ subscribers.
- And the best is: I made some wonderful new acquaintances in blogland. In far-away-countries that I’ll probably never visit… in many parts of Europe… and even in Germany. Before I started blogging I only knew one other quilter in person. It is so much more fun sharing this passion with others than sewing alone.
The (online) quilting community is quite awesome, thanks for letting me join in the fun!
I don’t post regularly and sometimes I’d rather sew than write. So it might happen that you don’t read a syllable about me in weeks. I guess today is an appropiate moment to declare myself a Slow Blogger.
Thanks for bearing with me, dear friends and followers! I appreciate it very much that you still stop by and take your time to drop me a lovely comment.
Now it’s time for a little giveaway.
I have often told you that COMMA by Zen Chic for Moda is my favourite fabric line of all times. To celebrate my 1-year-blogiversary I am giving away a large bag full of strips (as many as I can get into one big envelope). The strips are all 42” long and about 2,5” wide.
Here’s another sneak peek (Thank you, Brigitte Heitland for sharing your COMMA strips with us!!!). They would make a great addition to your stash of strips if I dare say so…
This is a giveaway for followers only (New followers, you are welcome, too). I want to thank you for your visits, your nice comments and the lovely way you welcomed me to blogland.
Let’s keep it simple. All you need to do is leave me a comment. Please make sure I have a way to contact you. I’ll draw a random winner on June 1st.
Good luck and thank you again!