Saturday, May 19, 2012

Zoology Circles

I finished my Zoology Circles Quilt last night.
I was inspired by the cover quilt of Jessica Levitt's "modern mix" book. I didn't follow the instructions though. I used raw edge applique instead of turning under the edges and I only used one background fabric.


I chose a striped fabric for the backing and added my name tag in the lower left hand corner 
(together with a little owl that was left from the top)


Detail of my FMQ. First time I quilted circles and I'm glad I did. 
I really like the feel and the look.


Folded up and ready to use!!!


I simply love Ann Kelle's fabrics so be prepared to see more of it in the near future :o)

Happy sewing!
Christine


10 comments:

  1. I love the "random" sizes of circles. The quilting really makes them pop. This is a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is so pretty and I love that you quilted it with circles. It coordinates beautifully. Also love the little own label on back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! What's the size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! My crib sized batting just fitted exactly, so it has to be around 110 x 150 cm.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! you are seriously talented.
    And these are my perfect colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that's a wonderful quilt!! And I love the way you quilted it with circles, too. Very cool! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful. I really like how you didn't use much of the patterned fabric...it really makes them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool quilt and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Looks like bubbles all over your quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...