Friday, May 25, 2012

Finished samples and a special harvest

Sample Swap

I finished my objects for the sample swap at Fat Quarterly Sewing Retreat!! We are going to be assigned in swap-groups of five, so I had to sew 4 identical objects and I'm going to bring back 4 lovely goodies made by the other group members. As several others already shared photos about their  samples, I thought I could as well share mine with you.

I used this free tutorial (written by Dewi Citra Sari of My Innocentia, from Indonesia) again and made triangular pouches.





Special harvest.

Now that summer is already here, my boys harvested some special "emblements".

Warning: don't continue reading if you dislike seeing pictures of creatures with more than 4 legs :o)




My eldest son is protecting the caterpillars from falling off his hand. 
The picture reminds my of Gollum's "my precious" :o)

I'm trying hard to think of the other side of the coin: 
These caterpillars are going to be beautiful butterflies 
(once they finished off our apple trees).

HOWEVER when the boys brought about 40 of them into my kitchen,
the thought about the other side of the coin didn't even enter my mind!!!

Happy Sewing!
Christine

7 comments:

  1. Cute little pouches. Those 'worms' on your apple trees - they are called cutters and will destroy your trees from leaf, to bark to fruit from one stage to the next - and not butterflies - but moths that continue to eat till eggs are laid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, thanks for pointing that out to me, I didn't know that! And now I think they are even more disgusting :o(((

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I love your samples. How freaky, I very very nearly made these as mine after looking through your finished objects page!
    Super cute.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny boys!! Love it!

    Cute pouches:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little pouches are adorable! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll remember the pouches and the tutorial....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pouches, but not the bugs! I hope I'm in your swap group.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...