Sunday, May 27, 2012

FQSR Blog Hop

Today I take part in Fat Quarterly's Blog Hop as a warm up for the Fat Quarterly Sewing Retreat in London next weekend (eeeek!). By hopping around each other's blogs we get to know one other a bit.
Fat Quarterly
So if this is your first visit here: Welcome to my little blog!My name is Christine and I'm 32 years old. I live with my husband and two little sons (2 and 4 years) in Germany. In real life I'm an office worker (part time) and I try to squeeze in as much sewing time as possible (that often implies that I do neglect my household duties - who cares for ironing sweaters and trousers when one can iron quilt blocks?!).
I began sewing 2 years ago - together with my best friend. And one year ago the quilting bug has bitten - and left a serious addiction. It was no other than Mr. Quiltdad himself (or rather: his blog) who inspired me to try my first quilt block. That's why I'm even more thrilled to go to London and meet John in person :o)

I like to use bold and bright colours in my sewing/ quilting projects and I return to combine the fabrics myself instead of using complete fabric lines.



I've never tried English Paper Piecing and I'm still afraid of Half Square Triangles. But both techniques are on my to do list for this year. We'll see :o)

I'd be happy if you stay for a while and FOLLOW my (future) struggles in sewing, quilting and real life. I'm quite excited to meet you in London next weekend!

Happy Sewing! Christine

23 comments:

  1. HSTs are the best - you must have a go!
    See you in a few days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the end of teh retreat I bet all your fears will be over and you will master HST and EPP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to meeting you. Be sure to say 'hi'. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm sure you'll master EPP this weekend!! See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See you in London. And once you have tried HSTs you will be addicted and there will be no going back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your heading quilt ROCKS! See you on Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HST's are the best. And easy too! I'm sure you can find someone to give you a little tute over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look forward to meeting you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HST's, not easy!! but definitely addictive once you start... see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait for the weekend, see you soon !

    ReplyDelete
  11. looking forward to meeting you this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. See you Saturday! I am going to disagree with Hadley and Susan, HST are the devils blocks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. EPP is really a doddle! You'll have it mastered in no time. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't done any EPP before either, or any of the other techniques that are taught in the classes I'm in. Eeep! See you in a few days time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to meeting you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. See you in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to meet you Christine.. I hope the rest of your trip went well & you had a safe trip home.... I'll let you know how my Jelly Roll quilt goes...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa! It was a pleasure to meet you and thank you for our Saturday evening/ Sunday morning chats :o) And yes, I want to see your jelly roll quilt!!! When I'm done with blog post about the Retreat, I will continue mine, so stay tuned ;o)

      Delete
  18. I enjoyed meeting you Christine ! Hope you enjoyed your visit to the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicky! Yes, it was a great trip to the UK - although my bustour on monday morning was so crowded that it took twice the time that was scheduled and nearly brought me to a nerveous breakdown as I had to be at the airport in good time. Sigh. But everything turned out great and I found myself waiting at the airport as my flight was delayed. Oh well. That's real life, isn't it?!
      Hope to see you again next year, it was nice to meet you :o)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...