I used Ann Kelle’s fabrics again (Remix and Urban Zoologie). Aren’t these dogs just the cutest?!
I simply cut 6” squares and sashed them with 1” white strips. I added a 6” piece of white fabric and appliqued the letters with a zig zag stitch.
I added my nametag in the lower right corner:
And added a pieced backing (using almost all of the scraps from the top):
And then I messed it up.
I stitched in the ditch and as I can’t change the position of the presser or walking foot, the fabric was shifted so much the quilt is completely wonky now. Urgh. I hope Emma and her parents won’t mind. It doesn’t show that much after washing and drying – it was far worse before.
Here’s a closeup.
I’ll add a visit to my local Pfaff Dealer to my to do list. Chances are I’m just too slow to get how to change the height of the foot. There’s no hint in the manual though.
Overall I’m quite happy with Emma’s Quilt, I just hope that her parents will like it. It’s not the usual pink-rose-pastels-version…
That’s it for today.
P.S. Linking up to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.