A patchwork quilt has been on my to-do list for some months now. I wanted to use many of “my precious fabrics” and those were mostly in blues and greens and greys. I had already “collected” some more or less matching prints in the last months and finally cut into all of them. Almost.
If you look closer, you can spot Backyard Baby, Tilda, 1001 peeps (the one and only giveaway I’ve ever won online – thanks Fat Quarterly Team!), etc.
While the boys were playing, I have been cutting outside until a thunder storm came up. You can see the dark clouds on the photo below – together with what I managed to cut in between looking after the boys.
The same night I cut out the rest of these 5” squares.
The following weekend I layed out the squares to make sure that the darker hues were evenly distributed.
I started sewing the quilt top together but haven’t finished it yet. Summer has decided to give us a full week without rain (first time this year) and it is even warm enough to spend the evenings outside (and write blog posts). While it was too hot and too dry in many parts of the world, I can’t remember a day in July without rain. It was quite cold and wet around here… I’m sooooo not ready for fall yet!
It may take some more days to get the quilt top done – especially if I get distracted by baby hats again. I made 4 of them last weekend and made two more since then. I adjusted Tie Dye Diva’s pattern and made the last two in a larger size (I guess about 6-12 months).
I gave one to my sister for my little nephew and the recipient for the other must remain unnamed until tomorrow…
That’s it for today.