Thursday, June 7, 2012

FQSR London 2012 in retrospect (2)

After a short night, Sunday began with Tacha's English Paper Piecing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! When I was terrified facing Paper Piecing, I was nearly shaking with fear at the prospect of Handstitching. I had deliberately signed up for it because I would have never given it a try on my own. 



And although I really dislike handstitching I do appreciate the advantages of it now. It looks nice and neat and with summer approaching I might be tempted to take some hexies out on the porch when the kids are playing outside. BUT if there's a sewing machine close by I shall always prefer using one :o) I'm happy that I gave it a try and Tacha did a great  teaching job.


After lunch Katy taught us how to make framed purses. 
What a unique girl she is :o) Tons of fun! 
I doubt that I'll do a framed purse again though. 
Too much glue. Too sticky. Too fiddly ;o)))
But see what we came up with 
(mine is the one in the lower left corner).




It was an incredible weekend, I met great people, acquired new skills and had lots of fun. And to top it off, there was an impressive Goodie Bag!!! Just take a look at these generous goodies that the numerous sponsores gave to each and every one of us: 



Several Robert Kaufmann fabrics, Oakshot fabric, Moda 2,5" squares,

 
Aurifil thread, Coats thread, needles, zipper, Prym trickmarker, stickers, elastic, a pincussion, etc.We were incredibly spoiled!!!

There was just one downer this weekend: I was awefully sorry to hear that Liz was too ill to come to the Retreat. She was one of the girls I "met" on flickr and we were corresponding every other day. I was looking forward to finally meeting her in person and so disappointed (for her but also for me!) that she wouldn't be there. Hope you are better now, Liz! If you send me a pm with your adress, I'd love to send you the goodies I made for our private swap :o) Hope to see your next year, girl!

Thank you so much everyone who gave me a warm welcome and made me feel part of the gang throughout the weekend. And thank you FQ Team (and additional teachers) for this opportunity and great experience. Pretty please, let's do it again next year!!!

Happy Sewing!
Christine

P.S. Some off-topic pics of what I did on Friday and Monday...





4 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you - your frame purse was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said what you did about framed purses, and then and went and signed up for Nicky's swap this morning. Maybe there will be less glue everywhere this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was so lovely to meet you, keep in touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, love the pictures! You saw the lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...